Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pro or Con...?

Last night I lamented my current situation.  Today I get a phone call responding to a job application I sent in last month.  Carteret General Hospital wants to interview me.  I have an appointment next week.  Now, I have been in the job market long enough to know that an interview does not equal a job, but it is a step in the right direction.

Twelve hour day shifts on a surgical unit - day shift is good, but that will encompass some weekends and holidays, not so good - but, I've done it before and can do it again.  The money and the benefits are likely to be reasonably good.  More pros than cons, but no point weighing pros and cons until after I've been interviewed and offered the position.  There is really just one major pro vs con.  Carteret Hospital is two hours away from here...but only thirty or so minutes from Jack.

Is that a pro or a con...?