Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Michigan Road Trip...

Our few days in Michigan were packed full.  We stayed in Kalamazoo with Ed's sister Maryann and her family.  Maryann's skill as a hostess is exceded only by her fabulous cooking and we were made to feel very much at home.

The wedding of Ed's niece, which was the catalyst for our trip, was lovely.  Five of Ed's six siblings were there, as well as spouses, children, cousins, friends...  I met more people than I can possibly remember!
Family Reunion

The next day we had breakfast with Tim's grandmother, Pat...an interesting and elegant lady; followed later by a spaghetti and meatball dinner at Maryann's - with more family.
The long-awaited family reunion took place our final day there.  More good food, more relatives, lots of photos and some games...I even made the Scavenger Hunt List!

We left early the next morning and headed to Bluefield, West Virginia to see my son Michael.  We arrived about dinner time and tried to get a room in the only hotel...with no luck.  There were plenty of rooms available, but the computer system was down and the clerk said she could not rent us a room without the computer or the manager...and the manager was no where to be found!!  I booked a room in the next town - over the mountain about forty minutes away - and enjoyed an all too short visit with Michael.  The next day it was back to Wilmington...stopping in Greensboro for lunch with my brother Glen on the way.

It was a good trip.  I love my family but always wished it was larger because I thought having a big family would be so cool...and Ed's did not disappoint me!