Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cousins...

Forty-eight hours after we got home from Michigan, my brother Ken arrived for a week long visit...Ken, my nephew Matt - nineteen and a sophomore at UNC-CH, my niece Ciera - six and a half and a proud first-grader, and Chase the Beagle!  They visit every summer, ostensibly to see me, but I often think the proximity of the beach adds to my natural magnetism!

We had a great time!  Frequent get-togethers with Rebecca's family, lots of beach time - I enjoyed seeing everyone and Ed cooked up some great food, but I think I enjoyed watching the little cousins the most.

Ciera and Katie
Ciera and my granddaughter Katie - also six - were inseparable.  Three and a half year old Jackson adores his sister and quickly added Ciera to his worship list.  They played together, ate together, swam together and even slept together!  The love among them was palpable and the goodbyes were bittersweet.  It did my heart good to watch them!