Sunday, September 18, 2011

Turning Five and Growing Older...

We are reaching the end of summer and moving towards a new year.  Felt the first nip of fall these last few days and, while summer weather is not gone for good (eighty degree temps will return later in the week), it always feels good the first time I have to put on jeans or a shirt with sleeves! 

Jackson turns five tomorrow.  Seems so recently that he was an infant being rocked to sleep in Grandma's arms.  Now I can barely lift him!  His party yesterday was themed around Cars 2...his favorite movie and primary passion!   

Becca baked him an absolutely beautiful cake.  She has a wonderful creative streak.  I know she didn't get it from me and her father is equally uncreative.  Maybe it goes back a generation or two.  Tomorrow the family will go out for dinner at a restaurant of Jackson's choosing.  Katie always chooses places that have good food...Jackson's choice is McDonalds!

Seems my posts are less frequent and all I do is marvel over the passage of time.  Someone once told me that once we reach the fifteenth of the month, the month is essentially over.  I'm noticing this seems to be true.  I'm going to make an effort to post on here a bit more often - before life passes right by me!