Saturday, April 16, 2011

First Week of Work...

Finished my first week of work.  It's a long drive - sixty-eight miles from my house and fifty miles from Jack's - each way.  Then on the road throughout the day seeing patients.  Right now I'm riding with one of the nurses...Billie Jo.  She's showing me the ropes and we are getting along well.  I like spending the days with her.  It's a tiny office with very few people and no computers - I'm having to learn paper charting all over again!

After a year of leisure, getting up and going each day is exhausting but I'm sure I will get used to it.  I  do miss my free time but I like being able to use my skills again.  I am also enjoying the fact that I can spend lots of time at Jack's.  That's a real bonus.  Think going back with a thirteen week contract was a good move.  I have an end point to look forward to....a vacation.

One week down, twelve to go...